March 01, 2008

The Prize in the Cracker Jacks



Hey, we're not the only people who waste time. John Albert confesses in my interview on Trollop Salon:

Like many writers, I procrastinate. The writer Jerry Stahl (Permanent Midnight, I, Fatty) is a good friend and the two of us go to way too many matinees in order to avoid work.

Oh, god. I've done that. I've spent whole days at the movies. Even after working as the snack counter girl at The New Beverly, I've never lost my taste for movie theater popcorn! Or for spending a day in that dark, warm cave, watching.

Read the rest of the interview on Trollop Salon, and comment for a chance to win the cracker jack bracelet!

XXX,
Alison

P.S. Winners of Bad Girl are kathrynoh and Allison Wonderland! Please email your mailing addresses to msalisontyler at yahoo dot com.

4 comments:

Sweet Samantha said...

=_= I had no idea what cracker jacks were until I typed it into google. I still don't get why there are baseball items on the bracelet with popcorn though. Don't you usually have like, hotdogs and stuff like that?

Pretty funky bracelet. I play baseball so I like those charms. I'm not a bracelet person though. I do a lot of art (clay) so I usually end up wrecking them >_<

Alison Tyler said...

Well, it's from the song: Take me out to the Ballgame...

Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks
I don't care if I ever get back
'cause it's root, root, root for the home team...
.

XXX,
AT

Sweet Samantha said...

Oh wow. DUH!

I sing that song at games. Its just never hit me what I've been singing lol.

Anonymous said...

HOLY CANOLLI, BATMAN! that bracelet is the ultimate in cool - TOTALLY fantastic!!! i'm late in arriving b/c my laptop was having issues (pretty laptop, happy laptop, new power source laptop!).

anyway, i just wanted to say that's a fantabulous bracelet!

hmmm - wonder what the love of my life would think if i got that and just wore that. that would be a pretty fucking great opening day present, dontchya think???

*beaming & blushing*

kiki