June 13, 2008

The Death of My Favorite Pants


Generally speaking, I wear jeans or cords and a tee every day. My favorite pale blue cords have slowly been fading away. But they fit so well, I didn't mind. They're the perfect size 2, hit right at the ankle, look great with boots or clogs.

Today, I had them on with a blue and purple t-shirt. Out and about to do errands, never noticing that there was a rip along the zipper line. Well, he noticed when I came home. And there is this unspoken rule in our house (or maybe it's not unspoken): when my clothes spring leaks—when the fishnets rip, when the t-shirts start to fray—they become fair game. In a word: shredable. (Okay, apparently that is not a word. I looked it up. But it ought to be a word, and the definition would be "Ready or able to be shredded.")

Oh, my poor blue cords.
I will mourn for you.

XXX,
Alison

8 comments:

EllaRegina said...

I shall play a mournful chord for your cords.

But is shredable a green light to make mincemeat out of your former finery in the name of housecleaning rags or does it signify that he has permission to rip them off you in a kind of shredded strip poker (but without the cards)?

Or, is that a personal question? ;-)

Clarification needed.

Shredders Anonymous

Alison Tyler said...

Ha! They were ripped off of me in the name of science. I mean, in the name of hot sex on the kitchen table. I always get those two confused. I guess it's why I failed Chem.

XXX,
Alison

Allison Wonderland said...

Shredable is not a word? Life is so unfair.

jothemama said...

Sounds like your chemistry's working just fine, Alison :)

Jeremy Edwards said...

They were ripped off of me in the name of science. I mean, in the name of hot sex on the kitchen table. I always get those two confused. I guess it's why I failed Chem.

So much depends on the instructor, doesn't it? In college, my teacher had a special way of laying out the Kitchen Table of the Elements that made it all very easy to remember. She and I had great chemistry.

Neve Black said...

I have a great idea. I have a very, old pair of 501, button fly's. So worn out, they're not even blue anymore....

I can't throw them out, so instead, I put patches on all the places that the public eye would consider, well, indecent.

However, if "shredable" clothes in your house equates to hot sex on the kitchen table, ahem...then you could buy the removable patches, Alison. BIG SMILE.

That way you can keep the fav. pants and the hot sex.

Jezebel VonTizzle said...

there comes a time in every pants life.....every girl mourns the loss of her favorite pants.

XOXO,
Jezebel

sera said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

But . . . thanks for the tip. ;) I think we could stand to adopt that rule, even though my very very favorite pair of perfect, holey, jeans will be the victim.