August 11, 2008

A Sexy Ring To It

Ta very much to EllaRegina who sent me a handful of Ring Pops. She did not even know (I asked her) that ring pops feature in my novel Melt With You:

From her pocket, she pulled out a Ring Pop, a giant diamond ring made of candy. One of Dori’s favorite accessories in high school.
“I know it won’t replace the one you gave him back. But will you be mine, Dori? Will you?”
“I’ll be your date for the reunion,” Dori agreed, suddenly feeling excitement at the prospect, “but I’m not promising anything else.”


I've got another copy of the book to give away (and maybe a ring pop of your very own)! What do you have to do to win? Tell me your favorite candy (or if not candy, your sweetest confection).



Neve Black said...

How many licks does it get to the ooey-gooey, chocolatey center of a tootsie pop?

I'll never tell.

I've also discovered dark chocolate covered pomegranates recently. Oh my God, they're trembling good.

jothemama said...

I make chocolate covered cherries at Christmas - and I had white chocolate covered strawberries at the Octoberfest that were godly.

In America, Reeses mini peanut butter cups.

In Ireland, hmm. If I had to choose... A Cadbury's Caramel, or possibly Mint Aero Bubbles, with crisps, Tayto or King.

You'll like this:

And this, though I think the first one's sexier:

Jvstin Tomorrow said...

Oh, so many. Chocolate Oranges...dark chocolate in general...

But I think you did chocolate already.

My favorite sweet treat that has nothing to do with chocolate is something I don't get much of anyone because I live 1000 miles away from Atlantic City rather than 100...genuine Atlantic City Salt Water Taffy.

Suzanne said...

My favorite candy is starlight mints. The red and white peppermint discs you sometimes get with the check at restaurants. I love to have great big bag of them by my computer while I'm working or playing. I like the way they make my breath feel cool and tingly over my lips and tongue.

Amy S. said...

My favorite candy is butterfingers.

Heidi Champa said...

I love Tim Tams. I spend the extra money to get them shipped here to the USA from Australia when the craving strikes. Even though I can't get them often, they are my favorite. Long live the Tim Tam Slam!!

Alison Tyler said...

I've never heard of Tim Tams! And, man, chocolate-covered pomegranates. Wow. That sounds amazing. But I have to go with Jo, because she named one of mine—Reese's peanut butter cups! Mmmmmmmm.


jothemama said...

I bought Tim Tams because all the pregant women on my mother's forum were raving about them. They were crap though! Penguins are way nicer!

Cheers Alison. I'd love to make chocolate peanut butter cupcakes but I'm too scared of myself! No one else in my house (or this country) like peanutbutter.

Colorfulpen said...

Raisinettes or junior mints. Yum!