December 19, 2008

I Fucking Love You

No really. I do. Whenever I feel someone has done me an injustice, or said something nasty, or been downright mean, you all are right there. Shouting your support. Waving your pompoms. Showing me your knickers.

Writing can be such a lonely life. And without sliding into some saccharine situation where I cry into a lace hankie, I want to say thank you for the notes and the postcards and the knickknacks and the treats. For the candy and the panties and the coffee (oh, the coffee). But mostly for making me feel as if I have a place to go—virtual, imaginary, you give it a name, feels real to me. A place where the beer is always cold and the tequila is always at the ready and someone's pulling back the maroon leather bar stool for me and handing me a crisp slice of lime.

Ta very much.
Who's got the salt shaker?

XXX,
Alison

6 comments:

Angell said...

We love you too Alison.

I thank you for being here, and I'll always join you in a shot of tequila.

Can we make it a body shot? :P

Neve Black said...

Ohhh...I love what Angell just said. Ditto from me. :-)

Thanks for being there for all of us, AT.

Kirsten Monroe said...

Me 3 :) Love you back!

Isabel Kerr said...

xx

EllaRegina said...

Same here!

jothemama said...

Body Shots!!!!