December 29, 2008

Oooh, pinch me!


I know, I know, I am supposed to be on vacation. (Yeah. Right.) But I have to sneak in to let you know that this weekend, I was lucky enough to interview Captain Johnathan Hillstrand. No, really. I did. He and his brothers own the boat The Time Bandit, featured on the amazing TV show Deadliest Catch. You all know what a die-hard fan I am of this show, so you can only imagine how awestruck I was when Capt. Hillstrand agreed to talk with me!

The interview will go up on The Rumpus today at noon, and I'm going to give away a copy of the book next week. I love this book. I've read it four times. (To enter, just post a comment on the interview. I'll announce the winner here in the New Year.)

Now, back to R&R, already in progress.

XXX,
Alison

4 comments:

Neve Black said...

Good for you and might I add, how much you crack me up.

Rest up there, chica!!

Colorfulpen said...

Looks like a cool book. I'll have to check out the interview, but just wanted to say I used to watch Deadliest Catch with my husband. My favorite was always Capt. Phil Harris.

Suzanne said...

Great interview, AT! I love Deadliest Catch, all the captains and crew are such characters, but you never feel like they're being fake. They are just that damn tough and cool. Hope you have a great New Years!

Kirsten Monroe said...

Oh wow. That is just so fucking cool. I LOVE Deadliest Catch. You interviewed the Captain. Captain Johnathan Hillstrand! I am not jealous as much as more in love with you now than ever! Great interview!!!!!