January 02, 2010

"I wanted to go, but I didn't."


Yesterday, I ran into a woman I sort of know. One of those people who I am always worried that I'll have to say her name, and I can't quite remember if she's a Jess or a Jessie. She asked me if a band we both know was going to play soon, and I said that they just *had* played a show recently. She sighed and said, "Oh, that's right. I wanted to go, but I didn't. Story of my life."

"Hey, that sounds like a memoir," I told her.
"Sure, the most boring memoir on the planet."
"Depends on how describe the things you wanted to do. But didn't."

And now I'm curious. If *you* were to write a memoir, what would you name yours?

XXX,
Alison

P.S. This postcard is by Caharticslant. I love the start of the write-up: Feeling snarky? Too shy to say it in person?

4 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Do I Have to Explain Myself?

tygre said...

A Momentary Lapse of Judgement

Angell said...

Life Is NOT a Tom Hanks Movie.

Charlotte Stein aka The Mighty Viper said...

I Want You To Rescue Me From B-Movie Hell