February 18, 2010

An Altar


I had a meeting the other day with a woman who wants me to help her write a book. I've co-written and ghost-written before. But not for awhile. Anyway, when she walked into my office, she said, "Wow. Looks like an altar."

Everywhere I've ever lived—my office has ended up like this. Even when I've wanted to have a stark, Quaker-esque office, I've ended up with postcards from floor to ceiling, with jewelry and masks and matchbooks taped to the walls. The longer I stay in one place, the more out-of-hand the walls become.

An altar. Hmmm. I sort of like that. I guess I'm praying to the god of postcards and scotch tape. And Elvis.

XXX,
Alison

7 comments:

Jo said...

Aw that's a cute god to pray to. Offerings on potit notes.

In fairness to the Quakers, I'd go with austere over stark.

Alison Tyler said...

Oh, damn. Have I now managed to offend all my Quaker readers? I'll piss off the Amish next, no doubt.

XXX,
AT

riendo said...

uhhh i'll get back to this post...
i want to show you something...lol

Smut Girl said...

I see stuff from me up there. I am famous! woohoo!

Stark is not interesting. When I see a completely stark room, that person scares me. When I see something like your wall, I want to get to know the person. There's a lot to know about a personw ith a wall like that.

Alison Tyler said...

I love when people send me postcards for my wall! Except, eventually my wall becomes my ceiling which becomes the next wall...

I will put up pics from my teen bedroom when I find them. Be prepared!

XXX,
Alison

Jo said...

Whoops postit notes, not potit notes!

And I doubt you pissed off the Quakers. I'd say the ones who are here are open minded...

I read that as 'piss all over the Amish next' the first time,for some reason?

riendo said...

this is what i wanted to show you,
this is my present room,
not much different from the one i had while at my parents....

http://riendo-riendo.blogspot.com/2010/02/im-not-alone.html

r