December 27, 2010

Stories in Motion...


...stay in motion. Stories at rest stay at rest. Okay, I have no idea what I mean by that. But I always have several (hundred) stories in motion. From one line jotted, to a few paragraphs penned, to a half novel smashed. This month, my stories in motion have come totally in handy. First, I sold a completed piece to Harlequin. I am more than over the moon. I'm beyond the stars. My first Harlequin Spice Brief will be "A Waste of Chi." I'll post more info when I can.

Next, I've had the unreal honor to be invited to write a Harlequin freebie, a 10K piece that will go up alongside "With This Ring," in serial format. I sent in "chapter one" last week, and I just heard back from my editor:

"I'm hooked."

Oh, hell yes. I created a cliffhanger!

Novellas are a weird space for me. I adore short-shorts, worship the 3,500-K, and bend over for the novel. But novellas and I — well, we're barely on a first name basis. Believe me when I say that I am grateful to have a chance to try my pen at this length of a piece.

I hope you'll be hooked, too!

XXX,
Alison

P.S. This awesome necklace is by JenForlandDesigns. And aren't these mermaids sweet?

5 comments:

Andrée Lachapelle said...

Congratulations!

Alison Tyler said...

Thank you very much!

XXX,
Alison

riendo said...

I'm so happy for you.
Congratulations!
i can't wait to get my hands on a copy...
maria

Lana Fox said...

That's really exciting! And a great idea.

Nikki Magennis said...

brilliant, AT! big congrats xxx