July 25, 2011

I'm not going to bet my virtue...

...on a pick-up basketball game. And it's a good thing, too, because I'm no ace at basketball. (Talk to me about Poker.) What the fuck am I banging on about? I woke up with the words, "I'm not going to bet my virtue on a pick-up basketball game..." in my head. Or really, in my mouth. I was saying the words as I opened my eyes.

As you might imagine, I'm not your best basketball player. The dream was about the man I've known for decades who was hitting on me. Hard. Every effort he attempted, I was right there with denial. Until finally, he said, "We'll play for it."

"It" being me, I guess. I spoke those words, and woke up.

Whew. That was a close call. Heh.

This reminds me of a time in college when I had a few (five) too many beers and wound up in the bed of a fellow student. He was happy to see me, apparently, but I (in my snarky way) let him know that I hadn't waited all year at school just to get drunk and fuck him. Girls can be mean. (Why I was in his bed is still something I can't quite recall....)



Jo said...

Heh, your virtue ;)

Alison Tyler said...

I know. Virtue What virtue?