August 18, 2011

Or in some hand baggage...


Gritty is one hell of a sexy little collection. In fact, it's sexy enough to make you come in your luggage.

Excuse me?

I found a write-up about the book on a site that must simply have grabbed the copy from the Amazon page, and then somehow shuffled words around. Starts normal enough...

Gritty: Rough Erotic Fiction

Includes gritty fiction bу: Quinn Gabriel * Willsin Rowe * Rita Winchester * Alison Tyler * Sommer Marsden * Aisling Weaver * Heidi Champa * Shanna Germain * Parker Ford * Justine Elyot

Wаntѕ. Wе аƖƖ hаνе thеm. Whаt уου wіƖƖ find іn thіѕ book аrе tаƖеѕ-tawdry аnԁ otherwise-οf those whο аrе οn a mission tο discharge thеіr wаntѕ.


The original text reads: "fulfill their needs" instead of "discharge their wants." But I covered "wants" and "needs" the other day — and hey, I think the words are occasionally interchangeable.

But here is the fun part:

Or, іn ѕοmе hand baggage, people whο аrе lucky sufficient tο hаνе partners willing tο aid thеm come асrοѕѕ thеіr wаntѕ. Dirty, rough, gritty, coarse, sometimes startling-always stimulat...

In this situation, "cases" was changed to "hand baggage."

I don't know why, but this has made me giggle quietly (and a little psychotically) to myself all morning!

The rest of the original text actually reads: Or, in some cases, people who are lucky enough to have partners willing to help them meet their needs. Dirty, rough, gritty, coarse, sometimes startling-always stimulating. This is love and lust, fucking and seduction on the rough side. The gritty, edgy underbelly of relationships and love and sex.

Part of me wants/needs to walk around today, inserting unexpected words into my regular sentences. Most Jane Q. Publics probably wouldn't apprehension. But in some hand baggage, interlopers might hearken with more application than compos mentis.

XXX,
Alison

3 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Ha! And then we could put "hand baggage" through the mistranslation machine one more time, and say, "Or, іn ѕοmе applause hang-ups, people..."

Sommer Marsden said...

I actually like that hand baggage. It's really pretty. Makes me want to totally discharge my wants :D

XOXO
S

Alison Tyler said...

I so totally cracked up when I read the description. At first, I really thought the sentence was gibberish. And then I slowly began to understand...

XXX,
AT