August 12, 2012

Friends Don't Let Friends...


Drunk Post. I know, I know. But I've had champagne, and I've had a day. And I want to do a mini-drunken post to say how grateful I am for the freaks of the industry I know and adore: Sophia Valenti who always has time to give me a pre-read, a thumbs-up, a heads-up, a virtual toast... Sommer Marsden who is my best friend I've never met, who floors me with her writing and woos me with her words every story, Thomas Roche who/m (?) I've known for a lifetime (or at least since the 90s) and who I'm embarrassed to say makes me come like he has a skeleton key that unlocks all my hidden doors (at least, his stories do), Violet Blue who gives me hope in the power of geeks and makes me believe that there are lovers of intelligent sex writing out there.... and, oh, Christ, too many others too count—and people who I can't code without looking up, which would be difficult because I'm doing all this with one eye shut...

Here's to you. I'm drinking champagne. (I said that already, didn't I?) And damn, the bubbles go down sweet.

XXX,
Alison

P.S. Buy this notebook for all your friends. Do it. Now.

2 comments:

t'Sade said...

Good friends are more precious than all the gold in the world. You can spend the gold and your friends will still be there, reminiscing about it.

Sommer Marsden said...

I was going to try and say you are thupah awthome last night but had been drinking celebratory wine and the words were all wiggety and wild. But you are! Thupah! Awethome! :)

XOXO
S