October 13, 2012

The Party's at Sommer's...

Once upon a time... a story fell into my inbox, and I fell in love. The story was called "She Looked Good in Ribbons," and although the piece had been sent to me in August of 2006, I did not have a chance to read it until New Year's Day. I adored the gorgeous story and wrote to Sommer to say I wanted to publish the piece in Love at First Sting. Her response:

Thank you for starting '07 in such a great way! To start the new year with my favorite piece (to date) getting the home I had hoped for was wonderful.

I hope to work with you again in the future. I'm forcing myself to shoot for more print this year and not be so lazy, lol.

Hahahaha. Lazy. Yeah. Right. That was uttered by someone I consider to be one of the hardest working writers in the industry. Check out her Amazon Author Page.

(Kind of amazing I am able to put my finger on a six-year-old email, isn't it?)

Anyway, the ever-so-welcoming Sommer Marsden graciously invited me over to her place—and asked me to bring along an excerpt from Giving In (one of my Spice novellas). The only thing that would be better is if I was able to visit in person rather than virtually. (Of course, then I'd have to get out of my leopard-print PJs, wouldn't I?)

Please visit Chez Sommer and take a peek into Ellis' filthy world.


P.S. Pencils are, of course, by The Carbon Crusader.

No comments: