December 10, 2012

"real-life BDSM play"


This photo flickered past me one day on Twitter, and I had to pause and ask the reader/writer for a bit of behind-the-scenes information (and also permission to pub the lovely image on my blog). The photograph is by Joseph Robertson, whose work can be found here.

The model in the picture is Stella Harris, who said:

I engage in BDSM play (emphasis on the D/s) with the photographer. We're both book nerds and reading/writing quietly as well as reading out loud have been components of our play.

In the picture I just attached, with the tea, chain, and book my assignment was to read quietly for a while as he worked. In addition to picking a story to read out loud to him there was an added difficulty - my wrists were bound, my pinkies were bound, and I was chained to the teacup I had to make sure not to spill. I ended up choosing your story "Why Can't I Be You" as the one I read aloud to him.

The laptop-chain picture attached was the following morning, as we both worked. (One of the next stories I submit to you may well have been written this way.)

The picture I tweeted today was from last night. It was from the end of a scene that was our first experiment with service. I was wearing an insertable toy with a chain hooked to it, the chain was attached to the bath faucet. I then had to clean the bathtub without letting the toy come out. When that was done I was to draw myself a bath which included some nice scented oils and lavender tea. (toy and chain still in place) While I was enjoying my soak, he brought me the book to read. And that's when the picture happened.

A short version might be that your book has twice been a key component of some real-life BDSM play.

If I was sharing this with anyone else, I might blush a bit - but I know you've read far more scandalous stories than this.

If you're on FetLife you can find me there as StellaStarlight - these pictures and more get posted there.


*****

I wish all of my BINGO pictures were like this! And, in fact, I will give extra prizes if you send me pictures of yourself with any of the books on my BINGO board. (Or, if not of yourself, then simply of the books in interesting or unusual locations.) Exposed is a collection of my own short stories published by Cleis Press. One reviewer wrote, "This was a fun read and very hot! Check it out and enjoy yourself! These are short stories with some hotter than others depending on your tastes. Some, I must admit, make me curious about sex practices that I have not tried. Yet." Another wrote, "Genuinely erotic erotica. She never gets bogged down in details that will only appeal to a subset of erotica readers and she never writes crassly. Win."

XXX,
Alison

4 comments:

Miz Angell said...

WOW wow wow wow WOW.

Super hot.

swannie said...

I really need more room in my house so I can get to all my books easier (I need my own card catalog system!)
Although my shelves need doors to hide from prying eyes of children....

jenmarie.maple said...

A great start to another fun round of bingo, love the Idea of writing about people reading (especially erotica), its a kind of full circle thing!!

satorimedia LLC said...

Here's an extra meta-reading for you: my girl was sitting next to me as I read, for the first time, the story I'd written about her to a room of fellow authors at a kink event. It was later published in one of RKB's anthologies, but I loved the looks on people's faces as they realized I was reading about the demure redhead sitting next to me...blushing furiously under the smile.

Bingo spot!