December 02, 2012

The Big Reveal...


I'm posting this during the middle of a torrential rainstorm. Thinking about the best time to fuck — and thinking about rain, and the wind howling, and the trees lashing about makes me think of Coupling — and my story Blackout. I try to make the most of situations — if the lights go out, bring on the flickering candles or the camping lights. (And did someone say "hot wax play"?) If the rain is pounding, fuck to that rhythm.

But I *do* wish it were snowing instead, because that would be more suitable for this post about Blissemas 2012. Because today is my day on the Advent Calendar. I just wrote "adventure calendar" by accident. My fingers got ahead of my brain!

For my Blissemas challenge, I'm asking this:

Ever the voyeur, I am interested in what makes you tick. Sex around the clock is the name of the game, so please comment with your favorite time to fuck. Does the morning make you moan? Are you weak in the knees for a midday romp? Perhaps all it takes is for the grandfather clock to chime six to put you in the mood. Or maybe you’re more of a late-night lover. Whatever your time of day, please stop by my blog and let us all in on the secret. We're ready. We're waiting. The clock is ticking... don't be late!

Today is also the day that we're revealing the winner of 25 books (pubbed by Cleis Press and edited by me) as a finale for the Morning, Noon, and Night tour! How do you find out who won the books? Slip over to Sommer Marsden's blog today. She will have the big reveal Sunday! (I think today's Sunday, right?)

Finally, we are at the very teetering edge of the Bingo Game. Two squares to go! Today's is Best Bondage Erotica, which was my first book for Cleis Press—and which remains one of my all-time favorite covers.

One more day until Blackout! (Did I start with a conversation about Blackout and book-end this post with one as well?) Then I'll have to get busy creating a new BINGO board!

Okay, there you go. If I go missing, have faith. I've simply washed away. The lights are flickering... Now where are the candles?

XXX,
Alison

19 comments:

KimberlyFDR said...

I wish it would snow here, too, but the temperatures won't stay steady enough to declare a season.

swannie said...

I absolutely love this cover! I have this collection and it is hot, steamy and one of my favorites.

jenmarie.maple said...

My favourite time for fucking has to be last thing at night so that we can cuddle up and fall asleep afterwards!

natz101 said...

Has to be the morning - what a great way to wake up! Also, no one has to deal with any wet patch! ;)

mandy waller said...

I think the afternoon is the best time

Unity said...

Early Afternoon is our favourite time for naughty sex as it leaves you with the added spicy conundrum; curtains closed or open?

Closing them leaves your neighbours wondering what you're up to.

Opening leaves you with the chance - and thrill - of getting caught!

Sharon Wachsler said...

BLACKOUT! Wooo!

ad0ffae6-78f6-11e1-8cde-000bcdcb5194 said...

Morning makes the most sense, since hormone levels are highest then...but hey, there's something decadent and cool about the afternoon (that crappy Starlight Vocal Band song aside).

vitajex(at)aol(Dot)com

Jacki C. said...

I love a good NOONER! :)

Jacki

StarryButterfly said...

I love the mornings, waking up next to someone warm always make me feel frisky ;) Plus I usually wake first so I can fantasise about it before waking him up! :D

charlotte.ingham @ gmail.com

Michelle Graham said...

Morning is the best time by far for fucking. You're well rested, already in bed, hopefully already naked. It's much more difficult though, when there are munchkins afoot!

Kathryn Merkel said...

I so want to cheat & say anytime is go time, but if I have to pick just one I will go with night. Can't beat the big O for promoting a great nights sleep, if you can quit bopping like bunnies to get any, that is.

drainbamaged.gyzmo at gmail.com

PaParanormalFan Renee said...

Hello Alison,
Thank you for participating in the Smutters Advent Calendar Giveaway. Sorry to hear about your severe weather & your possible loss of electricity. We're still recovering hete in the Tri-State Northeast Coast from Hurricane Sandy. We lost electricity for 8 days, cell phones for 2 weeks & we still haven't fixed all the damage.
But onto more fun things to talk about, SEX!!! ;)
When is my favorite time of the day for Sex, when am I in the mood for some HOT, Naughty, make the neighbors envious SEX??? ANYTIME!!! ;) My Hubby is a Police Officer who works the midnight shift, so time has no meaning to Us. We're HOT for each other no matter what time of day it is or where we are in the house....or in our backyard, inground pool, hot tub ;) I'm soooo Bad, but being Bad is soooo Fun!!!!!! ;)
Take Care Alison & Stay Naughty,
PaParanormalFan (Renee)
paranormalromancefan at yahoo dot com

joder said...

Nighttime seems to be the best time as that's when we have the most time. Besides we can always cuddle afterwards in a natural progression.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Miz Angell said...

Missing snow up here in Toronto too. But don't tell I said that. I'll deny it! Lol.

Not a morning sex person. I'm one for a dusk-y delight. A sunset reflecting off fresh snow is prime time for lovin'!

Jen said...

Great cover and a great contest! (I'm in desperate need of sleep, can you tell? ;-) )

Preston Avery said...

I think that my favorite has time of the day for getting frisky would have to be early evening, before dinner. Perfect way to work up an appetite!

dave94015 said...

It was raining heavy last night while we were busy during our preferred time (when there are few distractions). We were so much into it that we didn't notice some new leaks in the roof until daybreak.

6ff3c244-31a3-11e2-9474-000bcdcb8a73 said...

Whenever my energy is best, which fluctuates around. I think the *easiest* time to have sex is late at night, when the mind and muscles are loose (that the morals are goes without saying).