January 08, 2013

Cora Zane: Synchronicity!

I start blogs the way other people start sentences. Often. Regularly. Without much pre-thought. But Scruffy Jottings remains one of my favorites. Named by Kristina Lloyd, the blog possesses an anthropological aspect that makes me feel like a kinky scientist. I am the keeper of these unusual, erotic, behind-the-scenes selections.

Cora Zane read my request for more notes, and responded delightfully! Talk about reading the fine print...

Synchronicity! I dropped by your blog tonight and saw the post asking for more scruffy jottings. I actually have a few page of notes for you if you care to take a peek. I've almost filled up an entire notebook (70 sheets, college ruled) I bought last year with snippets of fiction, lists of things to remember, doodles, fragments of dialogue as they come at me. Stuff like that. When the notebook is full, I'll probably toss it into a box. (And forget it exists within a few weeks.)

On the pages I photographed, I had jotted down dreams, updated my book wish list, and listed a ton of affirmations for the New Year. Lots of hippie-dippy stuff, but it is what it is. One of the pics turned out a bit on the small side. The gray slash marks are in place to cover a name, and a friend's address for safety reasons. The rest is pure thought process. I enlarged the second picture so you can get an idea of what's in the fine print.

—Cora


*****

Cora Zane lives in an area of northern Louisiana known as "out in the sticks." She is the author of What She Doesn't Know, Wicked Obsession, and the Werekind Werewolf series of erotic romance ebooks. She has also published work in several anthologies, including Morning, Noon, and Night, Coming Together: Hungry for Love, and Dirtyville. To find out more about Cora and her fiction, please visit her website www.corazane.com.

How cool are those notes? I mean, seriously!

XXX,
Alison

2 comments:

Cora Zane said...

I'm happy you like my notes. Doodles are my way of idea wrangling and untangling. ^_^

Alison Tyler said...

I like the other pictures you posted here, too!

Thank you for letting us take a peek!

XXX,
Alison