February 13, 2013

A little revealing...

Remember when I told you about my next big thing? Well, the title has gotten a facelift, and the cover has stolen my heart. I am head over high-heels in love! This was the title I wanted for my very first novel, seventeen thousand years ago. The line is from a William Blake poem. Let's see if I still have the whole thing memorized:

O Rose thou art sick.
The invisible worm,
That flies in the night
In the howling storm:
Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy:
And his dark, secret love
Does thy life destroy.

Ta da! I'm so proud of myself. This title has been folded over and carried in my back pocket for decades now, and I'm overjoyed that Cleis Press has given me the green light. Fucking gorgeous, yes?

XXX,
Alison

11 comments:

lailablake said...

This is beautiful! Cover and title are so promising - I can't wait to read it!

Unknown said...

I adore the cover & the title! Fucking congratulations AT!
xoxo

Miz Angell said...

Beautiful! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for it!

Jo said...

Yes, that's totally gorgeous. I hope we see more covers moving in this direction! I loved the Secret Library ones too.

Harper Eliot said...

Gosh - that's such a beautiful cover!

lcspoering said...

I'm seriously in love with the cover. Bring it on!

swannie said...

What am absolutely gorgeous cover! Cannot wait to read this!

kristinalloyd said...

Wow, so lovely! Beautiful title too - atmospheric and intriguing.

JoAnne Kenrick said...

Both title and cover are absolutely gorgeous. From the colors and font...everything! LOVE IT.

cheyenneblue2 said...

I love that cover. I love the promise it offers.

TeresaNoelleRoberts said...

That's a gorgeous cover, and I love the title, and the poem it references...The combination is so evocative.