February 07, 2013

"in the head of a submissive"


I'm a short and sweet type of a girl. Not only physically, but that's about the definition of my attention span. Maybe this is why I enjoy editing anthologies so damn much. I love working with abbreviated fiction, and I have a hard-on for these mini-reviews from The Big Book of Bondage.

Stella Harris has dreamily reviewed Lucy Felthouse:

Lucy does an amazing job of getting into the mind of the character; of explaining what it’s like to live in the head of a submissive who is painfully eager to please. And that’s just the beginning of the realism that Lucy brings to her characters. They are objects in a fantasy while still ringing true as people.

In addition to all the story’s other charms, it’s refreshing to see a female dominant / male submissive story – especially one that’s done so well.


Read the entire review here.

Stella's college studies had a special emphasis on gender and sexuality and these remain issues close to her heart. Stella believes love comes in many forms and hopes to celebrate that with her writing. That's why you'll find all genders, identities, and sexualities in her work.

Stella said, "Many of my friends have bought copies of the book already, and I've been getting fantastic feedback. A couple of friends even took me on a field trip to Powells to buy their copies and have me sign my story. Fun!"

That does sound like an awesome time!

More reviews shortly. Plus, I am going to be wrangling the same type of blog tour for Sudden Sex. If you're interested, the TOC is here. Because there are 69 shorts, I would ask that you review all the stories by one author. I've heard this book is out several months early, and I'm waiting for confirmation before I announce the actual pub date! Drop me a note at msalisontyler at yahoo dot com if you're in.

XXX,
Alison

1 comment:

Jo said...

Oo, yes, this was a nice one! I love the necklace :)