March 02, 2013

Playing with a Paradox



I'm one of those people who doesn't keep a to-do list. Why? Because they scare the fuck out of me. (Ha. I guess I should keep one, then, because I'm always reading that smarmy quote: Do one thing each day that scares you.) Yes, I have a list of my projects on my computer. And I have my monthly editing all neatly sketched out. But the day-to-day, what-the-fuck-is-on-the-agenda, well, I keep that in my head. Which is, you know, a pretty busy place to be. (I think in the Vagina Monologues there's a line: "My vagina is a flower." My brain is a bus station.)

That said, I'm actually getting close to catching up with the reviews for Sudden SexKristina Lloyd reviews Maria See's story "One Sleep" Chez Lloyd. Kristina said:

"Maria See cleverly plays with the paradox of enacting scenes of consensual non-consent... It's a bold, thought-provoking piece with a deliciously scary ending."

Maria See is a Brooklyn native living in San Francisco. Her writing can be found in collections including Visible: A Femmethology, Gotta Have It, and Say Please. You can write Maria at maria@mariasee.com and follow her on Twitter at @aproblemlike.

Kristina Lloyd is (according to Googlism), all this and more:


kristina lloyd is a uk author of erotica whose fiction centres on female sexual submission
kristina lloyd is an erotic fiction author who writes about female submission and sexy
kristina lloyd is an erotica author whose novels include the controversial black lace bestseller
kristina lloyd is the author of asking for trouble
kristina lloyd is a fresh
kristina lloyd is an erotica author whose work includes the controversial black lace bestseller
kristina lloyd is a fresh literary talent
kristina lloyd is the author of three black lace novels and many short stories
kristina lloyd is in the first category
kristina lloyd is a leading british erotica author from the black lace series
kristina lloyd is incensed that the covers of many of these books continue to display images of naked women or their body parts
kristina lloyd is the author of three best
kristina lloyd is hosting the final day of the tour
kristina lloyd is a historian and the author of asking for trouble and split
kristina lloyd is a historian and the author of asking for trouble
kristina lloyd is about billy
kristina lloyd is one of the more intense stories in this anthology
kristina lloyd is now at the top of my list
kristina lloyd is the author of three erotic novels


There are still many stories yet to snag. Please choose one (or more) from this list—and drop me a note at msalisontyler at yahoo dot com if you're interested.'

XXX,
Alison

P.S. Love Loving Anvil

No comments: