April 08, 2013

Scruffy Jottings from Sommer Marsden

One of my friends once told me that while being in my brain must be normal for me, the way I think is not normal to other people. She meant this as a compliment. But I know she was talking about the fact that ideas sort of ricochet around in my head 24/7. One of my favorite ones to come to fruition is Scruffy Jottings, a blog dedicated to the behind-the-scenes notes of writers.

Why am I so interested in other people's notes? No clue. I simply like to see the mechanics. Above are Sommer Marsden's notes for Wanderlust, which she emailed me back in 2011, and which I only recently discovered when I reached the bottom of my inbox. No joke. There are only, like, three emails left for me to deal with. Ta da!

If you would like to be featured here and on Scruffy Jottings, all you have to do is send me a picture of your notes and a little write-up (if you don't mind) about the project the notes were for. Send to msalisontyler at yahoo dot com. (I have final approval of everything that gets posted on my blogs because, hell, they're my blogs.)

Please include a bio and a cover image of the final product, if you have one. Send to msalisontyler at yahoo dot com. I'll get back to you right away. (Seeing as I only have three, yes, three other emails to handle.)

XXX,
Alison

P.S. Speaking of hell, did you read about the discover to the Gates of Hell? My dad cracked me up. He said if they'd made this discovery when he was a kid, he'd have had to call it "The Gates of Heck."



3 comments:

Cora Zane said...

Jottings by Sommer - Yay! I need to ask her about the little garden gnome sketchy. What does he represent? :)

And, hey! The portal to hell. I read about that. Sounds like a vacation destination gone wrong. Or maybe a vaca done right if you like taking pictures of ruins. I like the idea of photo snapping, but I fear I'd make a wrong turn and wander into a death cave or fall into the portal. I'm kinda klutzy that way.

Sommer Marsden said...

The gnome is a stamp I have. He sort of became a mascot for a while. I stamped everything with him. I had "Gnotes" and I left little ones around the house that said "Good luck gnome", "Vampire gnome", "Happy Day gnome" and "Valentine's Gnome". I think I even sent AT some 'gnotes'. I don't know! I'm weird, Cora. But we knew that ;)

XOXO
p.s. I think the portal to hell is the mailbox when it's all stuffed full of bills :P

Cora Zane said...

A vampire gnome. I love it! Until now, I only knew of the sock gnome. (Steals socks from the dryer.)