So you've got $10 bucks in your pocket and you want to buy me a present. Oh, wait. This wasn't a guide of gift for moi? How strange. I thought when you said you were looking to buy something for someone special, you meant... oh, well. My mistake. Here we go.
$10. Don't you feel rich? Don't you feel all, "Hey, Big Spender?" Okay, now we all have to slip over to Youtube to watch Shirley Bassey. The song will put us in the proper frame of mind.
Ready? Well, ten dollars will actually win you quite a lot of bang. You know, for your buck. You can go a few different routes. You can buy five or ten smaller items (see my guides for $1 and $2 dollar gifts). Or you can blow the whole wad on a solitary gift, like...
• Shirley Bassey's Greatest Hits... yours for $9.49—as well as many other awesome CDs.
• A bouquet of flowers—$10 will get you something gorgeous, like the $9.99 roses in the picture above.
• A plant—not for me, of course, as I am a bad gardener. (In fact, I think Mitch Hedberg was talking about me when he said, "My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.") But many people like live plants.
• Soap & Glory's "A Great Kisser."
• Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Polishes. The colors are insane! I want Pond, Lust Garten, and Arsenic...
• Clean Rollerball Set. I love rollerball perfumes. I don't know why. But this also gives me the notion to mention a cheap trick for gifts. Buy sets and divide and conquer. I mean, divide them among your friends. You can snag Tocca's Meet the Girls perfume set for $62, and divvy up among 5 or 10 buddies.
• Erasers. Give all to one lucky person, or spread the wealth.
• Pencils (especially from The Carbon Crusader). Hey, did you just have the same idea as I did? You could get a pencil set and an eraser set and give them together!
• Ornaments. Yes, I am one of those people who goes a little gaga for pretty ornaments. Especially, shiny ones. For $10, you can snag some seriously special selections. Or buy a set and, oh, you know where I'm going with this...
• Advil. Heh. I adore how it's sold on Amazon under "office products." But if you have someone with a sense of humor on your list, why not stick a fancy bow on a big bottle?
• Pink champagne. Champagne, I just learned recently, can help your memory. You can buy champagne for under $10 that is totally drinkable. I swear. I did the research myself. (The things I do for you.)
All right, so now we're at the smutty-portion of our journey. $10 will buy you so many books:
• Dark Secret Love is $9.99 on Kindle
• Sudden Sex is also $9.99
• Morning Noon and Night is $9.99, as well.
In fact, so many of the Kindles are $9.99, or less, you can just scroll here.
Or if you'd like a little paper with your porn—I mean, an actual, hold in your hands paperback, check out Restless Spirit by Sommer Marsden. Yours right now for $9.87
Graydancer just dropped me a note to say that his novel, Nawashi, is available for $6.
Do you have any items you'd care to add? Or do you simply want to thank me for drinking champagne among my plastic plants? Either way, comment for a chance to win assorted gifts from me!
P.S. Winner of my $2 gift guide goodies is Angell Brooks!