December 30, 2013

Will you have me for breakfast?


The other day I had this idea that cereal companies should publish serials on their boxes. Everyone reads the backs of cereal boxes, right? And they're so fucking boring, yes? But my idea is that cereal companies would publish actual serials on their containers. Read one installment, eat the cereal, buy the next installment. (Obviously, logistics would be hell. How fast do people eat/read, right? What would happen if you missed a box?)

But here... I have an idea. Recently, I was rejected from a project because I "veered toward erotica"—there were other reasons, too, of course. But that was the one that stuck out to me. (Cue the violins. Pet me on the head. Say, "Oh, poor you.")

The thing is, I have a lot of this project already written. Many, many pages. And I like the story, but it's homeless. Until now. So here is the question: Do you want to play along with me? I will send you a PDF each month to tape to your cereal box. But only if you promise to send me a photo of the serial on the cereal to post back here.

What do you say? Will you have me for breakfast? Eat me with a spoon? I'm delicious. I promise. Although I am not fortified with extra iron or riboflavin. Whatever the fuck that is.

Drop me a note at msalisontyler at yahoo dot com with "Serial Cereal" or "Cereal Serial" in the subject line and we'll get started!

XXX,
Alison

P.S. Sexy Spoon courtesy of Bella Jackson Studios. Her work is amazing. I want to open my drawer and only see word flatware nestled there!

2 comments:

Miz Angell said...

Damn! I wish I ate cereal for breakfast - hell I wish I ate breakfast! Unfortunately most mornings I roll out of bed with barely enough time to get ready for work and get out the door. :(

But a wonderful idea all the same AT!

Alison Tyler said...

Hmmm. I could cut the story into strips that you could tape to your "to go" coffee cups... Heh.