August 04, 2014

Trollop with a Question #16


I adore Trixie Delicious. I've been stalking her ETSY site for several years now. (Here's one of my early mentions.) She owns a wicked sense of humor that I fully appreciate. I love the juxtaposition of dirty words with floral and fancy.

But you know me. I love words in general. I'm constantly on the lookout for the words that please my mouth.

Which brings me to this week's question:

If you were to get a word tattoo, what would it be?

(I was going to write a "one-word tattoo" — but then I thought maybe people would like whole sentences. And who am I to deny your literary desires?)

Yes, I clearly have tattoos on my brain. But that's nothing new. And right now, I'm offering several temporary tats in case you want to wear my ink:

Wrapped Up
Is Trouble Your Middle Name?

If you answered last week's question, don't be shy. Hit me with your snail mail address to msalisontyler at yahoo dot com. I'll send you a prize.

XXX,
Alison

10 comments:

168d7130-34d4-11e2-91ad-000bcdcb5194 said...

I always thought "Rosebud" would be funny, even though I'm not a big CITIZEN KANE buff...

--Trix

CJ Lemire said...

Callipygian. Because it's a black-tie fancy-dress word for "nice ass".

Molly said...

I have a few actually but once the kids are a bit older then the one at the top of my list would be 'Slutmine' as it is what M has always called me

Mollyxxx

Miz Angell said...

Wow. Good question. Probably the word insanity, but like this : in(sane)ity. As in one of my favourite lyrics from m favourite movies... "Stay sane inside insanity" from RHPS.

Jeremy Wright said...

I'd go with "Snugglefuck". Wife was really cold one day I snuggled up tight behind her.. Got hard snuggles turned into fucking. So... Snugglefuck was born

Tamsin Flowers said...

In The Christmas Tattoo, my character was tattooed with 'A deliberate leap in the opposite direction.' It's from the Kafka quote, 'There are some things one can only achieve by a deliberate leap in the opposite direction.' I love it - it's so true!

Angel Rivera said...

I have a couple of ideas, but for simple words I want "Sapere Aude" (Dare to know).

Best, and keep on blogging.

Ella Dawson said...

I've always wanted a tattoo of the Regina Spektor lyric "I'm the hero of this story/Don't need to be saved." According to google, I'm not the only one...

bonfils said...

My best bet would be "This too shall pass" - probably in the original Persian.

Alison Tyler said...

Posted for... https://twitter.com/FSolomonRR:

"first, i was thinking love...in another language? but i do not like love in any language but english. however, what do i love? words. so i came up with les mots in french: the words...that would be my tattoo..."