October 01, 2014

Out of Order


So here is a new-to-me ETSY artist who caught my eye with her deliciously clever designs. Get lost for awhile in the shop of Melanie Favreau! (As ever, I do not receive payment for featuring ETSY artists. I contact the artists for approval to use their work here. I enjoy being able to promote indies and showcase items I adore.)

Last night, I dreamed that a contract I was being asked to sign allowed a publishing company to pay me with a shoe box. The shoe box was tied shut with twine. When I opened the box, the inside was filled to the rim with sand. According to one definition I found, "To see sand in your dream signifies a shift in perspective or a change in your attitude." Then I looked up "shoe box" and found, "to see a shoe box in your dream suggests that you are headed toward a new direction in life. You are in for a new experience." Then I looked up twine: "To see twine in your dream represents your connection and your attachment to others."

Damn. Based on the tribulations (love that word) of the week, my dream was pretty spot on.

I promised an update to authors—and I hope to have word soon. I know some of you have been waiting for more than a year, for which I am deeply sorry.

XXX,
Alison

No comments: