December 25, 2014

Alison Loves Sommer


I work odd hours. Weird schedules. Holidays and weekends. Nights and more nights. My brain doesn't stop because it's 5 p.m. on a Friday. (Or 4 a.m. on a Tuesday.) So I can't seem to actually take days off. I met Sommer Marsden on one New Year's day when I was working on a bondage book (nearly eight years ago).

So I decided to post a sneak peek at what I'm playing with right now. Over the years, I have edited somewhere in the realm of 75 collections for a variety of publishers including Masquerade, Harlequin, Plume, and my own Pretty Things Press. I've worked with hundreds of authors and published over a thousand stories (if my early morning math is at all correct).

As I move into a brave new world of publishing, I came up with a series of titles dedicated to showcasing my favorite stories from my favorite authors. First up (to nobody's surprise, I'm sure) is Sommer Marsden.

This cover my change, but you can see where I'm going. Seven stories selected and curated by me. I'm hoping to bring out books featuring work by Thomas Roche, Sophia Valenti, Andrea Dale, Cheyenne Blue, Shanna Germain, Nikki Magennis, Angell Brooks, Donna George Storey, Heidi Champa, and many others. (This will be the first many of these writers have heard of my evil plan!)

2015 is the year I plan to showcase all my different loves. What's on your plate for 2015?

XXX,
Alison


8 comments:

Dayle A. Dermatis said...

Squeak! I am intrigued by your evil plan, and hope it involves maniacal laughter.

I'll start: Muwahahahaha…!

minamurray said...

What a lovely, generous and gracious idea.

I wish more people in the world would get the message that it doesn't diminish you to support someone else.

Merry Christmastide!

Jeremy Wright said...

That is so awesome!! Will definitely get that day 1. Everyone should love Sommer as much as you do. She is quite fantastic. Have never read or listened to a story of hers that wasn't great

Nikki Magennis said...

Hey, that's a nice surprise. :)

Happy New Year to you and yours, A. xxx

Tenille said...

Great idea! You are the master of the great idea!

Saskia Walker said...

Wonderful idea, and I adore that cover!

Miz Angell said...

No words. And I can't wait to pick up this one. :D

ri endo said...

So excited! You're a jewel.