February 09, 2015

Trollop with a Question #43


I woke up from my second dream ever about Steve Van Zandt. In my last one, I bought one of his handkerchiefs for a lot of money. In this one, I wanted desperately to impress him, but all my albums were by the band Dokken.

Since I woke up with music playing on a loop in my head, I thought I'd use that as inspiration for today's Monday question.

You walk into a dive bar in a city you've never been. You find a seat in the corner and you order your favorite drink. There's a jukebox in the corner, and you watch another patron stroll over and choose a song. When the music starts, an emotion fills you. This was the right song. The perfect song. The one you needed to hear.

What's playing on the jukebox?

(God, it better not be Dokken.)

XXX,
Alison

P.S. I just looked. I have over 130 stories featuring jukeboxes. Color me obsessed.

6 comments:

Jeremy Wright said...

"In My Dreams" By Dok.... No, I'd say it depends on the mood I'm in at the time. The mood I'm in right now Bob Seger would be perfect. Maybe "Night Moves" or "Turn the Page"

CJ Lemire said...

Robbie Robertson's "Somewhere Down The Crazy River". The dive bar is named Nick's Cafe, right?

Miz Angell said...

Great Dirty World by Gowan. Definitely.

For those who don't know it -

http://youtu.be/HMmE7-GeWPQ

168d7130-34d4-11e2-91ad-000bcdcb5194 said...

It definitely depends on my mood and the setting, so I'd have to go with a band with a large and varied oeuvre. A Sloan song would make me happy--all four guys write and sing (and have very different musical tastes), so one is bound to work for any occasion. Redd Kross would be good, too...depending on what part of their career you pick, you get punk, really fun glammy stuff, or the occasional gorgeous ballad.

--Trix

baddoggerel said...

John Prine - All the Best

alison said...

For whatever reason, Big Wreck's "Ease My Mind" came to mind. I haven't listened to it in years, but if it came on in a dive bar, I'd feel perfectly comfortable just chilling out. It would be the right song, and would set me (literally) at ease in a strange town; exactly what I need to hear.

If you're curious: here's the song.

Sloan and Big Wreck, clearly you have a Canadian audience. ;)