February 04, 2015

Welcome to my desk...



Writerly linked to an article showcasing author and artist workspaces. I'm in love with peeking behind the scenes into other people's worlds. Yes, I'm a voyeur to my kinky little heart.

So I wanted to post this picture of my desk (when it's clean). Usually, it's not. Usually (like right now) there are papers, a camera, scissors, bits of notes, a mug, another mug, yesterday's mug....

But this picture is indicative of my style. Everywhere I've lived, I've created a wall filled with postcards and clippings. There's always been at least one angel, and there's always been Elvis. The wall grows and spreads over time. Becomes a wall and half another wall—or a wall, the entire file cabinet, and part of the ceiling. I'm a sentimental fool. I tack memories down with pins. Business cards for Paris lingerie stores, a note a friend left on my windshield, fortune cookie fortunes...

What does your space look like?

XXX,
Alison

2 comments:

Miz Angell said...

I love your space. I'm still working on creating mine. Mine is in my bedroom, and it's a fricking mess. So disorganized and it doesn't help me focus. I'm currently decluttering.

F. Leonora Solomon said...

i love the face with the mask in the corner, it think it is so important to keep things that catch your eye around you for inspiration. oooooh, and paris!!!