November 08, 2015

A Dollop of a Trollop


Two years ago, I created a series of gift guides by price. (Last year, I did them by theme, like you do.) But in 2013, I curated guides for:

Items Under $1
Items Under $5
Items Under $10
Items Under $20
The Luxury List
Do It Yourself Gifts

My problem was that I didn't come up with the idea until mid-December, which was really too late in many ways. The guides only worked if you started your shopping on December 13 and ran it through December 21st.

If I remember correctly, the reason I decided to write the lists is because some online magazine compiled a gift guide in which the lowest costing item was $450. (Or some nonsense like that.) I don't live in a world where you can buy people gifts that cost close to half a grand. In fact, I don't live in a world where you an buy the items the fashion magazines consider bargains.

So I think I'm going to do this again.

I may overlap some ideas, but I am going to try to find my favorite fabulous presents that won't knock you sideways cash-wise and that would delight any receiver.

Obviously, the gifts in the guide will be of my taste. Because—hey—I'm the one putting the guides together. But I am more than happy to hear your suggestions. If you have ideas for any of the price breaks above, you can email me at msalisontyler at yahoo dot com. I will be sending out prizes throughout the season. Why? I like to. Prizes make me happy. You won't have to do much to win the prizes because I can never figure out all those multi-step entry form thingies. (Oh, man. I said forms.)

Yes, my books (and books of my fave authors) will be included in the lists. For instance, Rubbernecking (featured above) can be yours for .99. While Holiday Kink costs only $2.99. Is that cheating? If it is, then I don't want to be true. But there will be plenty of non-smutty items to go around. I promise!

XXX,
Alison

P.S. If you run an ETSY store and would like to be featured, please let me know. I already am acquainted with a handful of ETSY artisans, but I always appreciate meeting new creators!

No comments: