November 26, 2015

Think Kink


I woke up at 4 a.m. with two songs playing simultaneously in my head: ELO'S "Don't Bring Me Down" and Stephen Bishop's "On and On." That probably means something if you were to analyze my subconscious deejay selections. But I'm not going to go there right now.

In bed, trying to decide whether or not I was up or down, I started to think about what I'm grateful for. Well, that's not entirely true. I started to think about coffee, and I realized how much I love coffee, and that morphed into other things that I love.

Which brought me quickly to kink.

This may be one of those segues that really only works at 4 a.m. When you're in bed craving French Roast.

But I am so fucking grateful for kink. And for those clever, creative, concupiscent (Ha! It's a word, and it means "filled with sexual desire, lustful") writers and artists who continually delight me with the way they approach this genre.

After so many years in the industry, you might think I'd become frayed. Jaded. Worn around the edges. (That just described every pair of jeans I own.) But instead, I tend to search out the new, the different, the unique words that toss me into the front seat of a Galaxie 500 and take me for an unexpected spin.

So on this day of giving thanks, I will give thanks for the kinksters:

Violet Blue
Angell Brooks
Shanna Germain
Sommer Marsden
Thomas Roche
Sophia Valenti
Saskia Walker
Kristina Wright
Cora Zane

Writers and editors who woo and wow me with their words. Who lift me up to that incandescent (it can mean passionate or brilliant!) place, that place where I can't wait to see what happens next. Where I can feel the heat between the lovers. Sense their connection. Yearn for their ultimate erotic bliss.

And, of course, there are many other writers—too numerous to name—who lick their fingers and push my buttons. Because what I guess I'm really trying to say is that when I think kink, I am thankful to the bottom of my filthy little core.

XXX,
Alison

2 comments:

Miz Angell said...

Ahh! There's my name! You're thankful for me? I think I'm going to cry.

Because every time I pick up a book or sit at my computer, I am thankful for you. ;) I hope you and yours had a fabulous weekend.

Cora Zane said...

It's the week before Christmas, and it's been a really rough one. I decided to settle in and catch up on my fave blogs, something I haven't had time to do lately, and stumbled across this post. Your post made my day. Good friends are worth more than gold. xoxoxo