November 29, 2015

Trollop on the Dark Side


I wasn't entirely sure how to do my gift guides this year. One idea was to split the guides by dollar amount, which I've done in the past. Another was to divide by theme, which I've also done. So then I thought, why not merge the two? Here is the first of (I don't know how) many gift guides I plan to put up between now and the holidays.

What's the theme? Star Wars.

Why? Because I am helpless in the face of Star Wars items. I adore them. I have the Star Wars Pez ($19.40) I own a Star Wars light saber key ($11.85). I am wearing a Star Wars bandage ($2.78) on my finger right this second.

So, with a range of prices for your purchasing pleasure, here are some of the Star Wars items I want for Christmas. Wait, what did I just write? Back that up. I mean, here are some of the lovely gifts you can buy for the Star Wars fan in your life. (Who I hope is me.)

First are pencils by one of my all-time favorite Etsy artists, The Carbon Crusader. The "Yoda Speak" pencils cost only $4.00, while these fabulous Star Wars pencils cost $8.00. (For office gifts, you could buy a set, divide them, and tie each one with a ribbon.)

I'm sitting in my office in the wee hours of the morning laughing quietly to myself over this one. Wookie Cookies. I'm betting this cookbook will be a hit with David! This hardcover Star Wars cookbook costs $11.01. (This reminds me that I never finished my post on Wookie Nookie. I'll have to get back to that.)

Up Shirts Creek has created three different Star Wars-inspired t-shirts: Stop WarsMay the (m x a) Be With You, and (my personal favorite) Come to the Dork Side... The tees are $14.99 each.

For $21.95, you can have your very own Death Star tea infuser. I mean, you can buy one for a friend. You didn't think I meant you should buy one for yourself, right? This is a gift guide. Meaning, a guide of gifts to buy people who deserve them. But, of course, you deserve gifts, too. And it's only $21.95. And how can you resist?

The Star Wars Snowflight sweater is on sale for $29.99 (down from $60). And I want it because this would be perfect to wear with my Darth Vader Vans. (You have to select DarkSide/Darth Vader from the pulldown menu, which I fucking love. The price varies with Vans.)

Rooby Lane offers several different Star Wars items in a range of prices. I own her R2D2 scarf ($27.80), and I covet her Storm Trooper cushion covers ($30.89). But honestly, her "special event storm trooper dress" is the item that would make me squee if I found it under the tree! (That was an unintentional rhyme. Trust me.) We'll slip that into the luxury list at $193.05.

As I travel through time and space this season, I will probably add more gadgets and gizmos to the list. Feel free to make your own suggestions. But this is my starting place, from $2.78 to $193.05—odder numbers you won't find on most other lists!

Awesome, you are.

XXX,
Alison

2 comments:

Miz Angell said...

Amazing gift guide. My brother and nephew are huge into Star Wars, so this is perfect!

168d7130-34d4-11e2-91ad-000bcdcb5194 said...

Don't forget about Lego Star Wars minifigures and keychains...prices tend to fluctuate wildly depending on where you buy them and when they came out (they start at about $4 and go up from there), but they are pretty irresistible. And if you love the old crossover Star Wars Muppet Show episode as much as I do, there are actually action figures of Muppets dressed as Star Wars characters. (I have Rizzo the Rat as Yoda, and the set with Beaker as C-3P0 and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew as R2-D2.) Apparently they're only available in-store at Disneyland concessions, but most are available on Amazon (where I got mine). The prices went up on a lot of them, to about the mid-$30s. Some of the other sets are still in the $14 range, though...

--Trix