January 20, 2016

Alison Out of Work

So I lost my job on Friday... A job I've held for several years and absolutely adored. I'll be writing more about this at some point, but not yet. Because write now (ha), I mean right now I'm just a bit ... well. Wordless.

The thing is, I've been struggling for the past few months to figure out how not to spin. You've seen my progress. (Or my attempts at progress.) I'm doing my best not to panic. To breathe deep. To mainline coffee until I am so fucking percolated nothing can touch me.


I don't have a tip jar. I'm not searching for handouts. But if you were ever considering buying one of our indies—now would sure be appreciated. For about the price of a cup of coffee, you can pour our kink to your brim.

Alison After Dark
Alison On the Rocks
Alison On Top
Alison's Cheating Heart
Banging Rebecca
Bent Over His Desk
Bisexual Husbands
Even Deeper
Filthy Housewives
The Spanking House

There will be more soon. Plus, I have a story coming out in Violet Blue's latest gorgeous collection. Stay tuned—and thank you.



Miz Angell said...

I'm sorry to hear that Alison. I'd like to say been there, done that, but I don't think I've ever lost any job I adored. Well, one. And even then I wasn't so much fired as....phased out.

I already own all the indies, but I am combing my collection to see if I've missed one or two. And if there's anything else you need - just ask.

Alison Tyler said...

Thank you so much, Angell. Your support (emotional, I mean) is the best thing of all. You made my day!


t'Sade said...

Well, that sucks. It sounds like you didn't have a lot of advance warning about it, which makes it even worse. I hope things get better soon and I wish you best. *hug*

Toria Lyons said...

Sometimes you need to spin - to have a day or so where you just withdraw, or panic, or just find a way to get it off your chest/mind. Doing that cleared my mind and helped me move on.
(My health problems led to losing my career - that's when I turned to writing. Reflecting on that period of my life still upsets me, but mostly due to bad decisions I made when I was struggling, and didn't give myself the break I needed.)