January 07, 2016

Rose tint my world.


Actually, I'll rose tint it for myself.

That's the plan, anyway.

Radio silence? No. Not me. Just like Marilyn Monroe, I had the radio on. Everything else was tuned out. I've written over the past few months about plans and schemes. Breaking bad habits. Focusing on the positive.

And hello. Guess what?

It's working. I'm working. I'm a work in progress, baby. (Aren't we all?)

This isn't a newsy post. Because I have no news to share. But if you're wondering where I am—I'm right where you left me. At my desk. Fingers stroking the keys. Voices in my head.

The light is on.
My words are running wild.
Fucking themselves in every dark corner, every back alley.

Lick your finger, turn the page, read me all night long.

XXX,
Alison

3 comments:

Jeremy Wright said...

Happy New Year! Looking forward to whatever you bring in 2016.

Clifford Carruthers said...

Writing your ass off? Good on ya, mate!

Cora Zane said...

Roses and glitter...I love! Happy writing. ^_^