March 09, 2016

Weirdest fucking dream...


Since losing my job, I've been busier than ever. Scrambling, really. Trying to figure out what to do next. Or how to do next. How to do what next. I've never actually made a living as a writer. I've always been a writer plus. A writer plus an editor. A writer plus a publisher. A writer plus a popcorn girl.

Part of me has been (quite honestly) petrified.

Another part has been sort of excited. What can I make happen? What will I master in the future?

And yet a different part of me has been sad. (Wow. That's a lot of parts of me.)

Because, you see, I fucking loved my job. So it's not only the loss of income, but a bit of my identity feels erased.

Luckily, writing soothes me.

I've been working on two pieces lately that sort of connect to one another. The first is on piracy and what it means to writers like me. The other is on success and how we're expected to measure up. Hopefully, I'll have one to post soon. I've also been working on an idea I've had for years. A serial of sorts. Stay tuned!

Until then, please know that I'm writing (freelancing, ghosting) all the time. And that I seriously appreciate your support over the years. This is my tenth year blogging and my 25th in erotica. Time flies when you're having sex. No, wait. I mean, time flies when you love your work. When you believe in what you do.

Thank you to those who have bought The Dom Channel. Your $2.99 means more than $2.00 to me for each sale. It's like buying me a cup of virtual coffee, and getting a smutty story as a grateful thank you!

I think I've been a little bit like a sleep-walker this past month. That's okay. Weirdest fucking dream... but I'll ride the ride.

XXX,
Alison

P.S. The quote above is for #1lineWed. Yes, it's from Figment. No, I'm not finished yet. But I will be. Someday.

No comments: