March 03, 2016

Ink Your Kink!

A friend recently explained to me that adult coloring books now make up 50% of all print book sales.

You probably can see where this is going. When *I* heard the news, I assumed "adult" coloring books meant "adult" coloring books. I used the word the way people use "adult" to talk about my books. I entertained visions of all these filthy coloring books hitting the market. People happily inking their kink—a best-selling coloring book on backdoor sex. One on sixty-nining. Another filled with bondage gear. Should I color the ball gag pink or blue? Do I make the handcuffs purple leopard?

Of course, then reality set in and I realized that no, the majority of the coloring books for grown-ups were simply more detailed coloring books. Cooler ones than I remembered, perhaps, but regular coloring books of mandalas, flowers, animals. "Adult" not meaning XXX in this case. (Even though there is a coloring book series called "50 Shades of Fun," but no. It's pets and places.)

Then I did a little digging, and look what I discovered!

The Fetish Coloring Book
The Kinky Coloring Book

I believe these two were published before the latest craze. How cool is that?

There's this new one, which made me laugh:

Calm the Fuck Down

And this one, which I may actually buy:

Swear Word Adult Coloring Book

I'd love to see Riendo publish her black-and-white illustrations in this fashion! I know I'm behind on everything. But if you want to have a little coloring fun, why not print out a black-and-white version of one of my covers and beautify the image your own way. I will post the versions here if you email to msalisontyler at yahoo dot com. If you want me to send you a black-and-white image, shoot me an email as well.


1 comment:

Miz Angell said...

I have the Doctor Who and Harry Potter colouring books, as well as a whole pack of brand new pencil crayons. What's stopping me from doing them? I'm too lazy to sharpen the pencils!! :P

I think I know what is now going on my list.