August 22, 2006

A view inside my twisted mind....


Is this what the inside of my head looks like? Maybe. These were notes for "Rumours," a novel I wrote a few years ago for Virgin's Cheek line. I try to keep track of where I stop for a novel, so I know where to pick up, because I don't write in any linear order. I read once that Hemingway re-read his entire work each day before starting again, but I don't see how that's actually possible. (And I'm no Hemingway!) Also, I always have to know my word count near the end of a book, because I can't go over 85,000 for Cheek. That's what all the numbers are about. I tend to have about 10 pages like this by the end of the book. This page came from the very finale. I can tell I was feeling stressed that I was going to go over the word count, because there are several notes about dropping scenes. Anyway, there you have it. My "process."


All right, off to bed...
XXX,
Alison